Why give someone a tip
• When a waiter of a bar or a server at a restaurant give good service and make sure that you’re provided with an excellent experience, out of respect for their work and as a token of appreciation, we are supposed to give them a tip from our own pocket.
What to say when you give a tip
• A simple thank you goes a long way.
• While paying the bill, you can slide a few extra bucks as a tip while saying thank you, which would be a very subtle and nice way of thanking your host and giving them a tip for their services.
• In case they do not accept, it’s better if you don’t push it too much. As they say, forced kindness is not kindness at all.
What body language should you use?
• Keep a smile on your face and make sure your face glimmers with happiness.
• Avoid making disrespectful hand gestures.
• Try to gesture calmly.
• Just be yourself, don’t feel awkward and thank them for what they did for you.
What to do while tipping someone
• Be polite
• Be friendly
• Use respectful language
What not to do while tipping someone
• Don’t use inappropriate callings, clapping’s or whistling.
• Don’t say condescending words.